Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Faith & Change

I've been praying for a word. One word. For me. For 2012.

My friend, Kelly, does this on her blog every year and I have loved it. This is my 2nd year doing it. Last year was "focused". Here is my post from last year.

I have to say that although it was hard to live out every day, I felt good about what I accomplished. I focused more on my children, being more at home and being more available to my husband.

In 2011....

Spring
* Welcomed Madison Joy to our family
* Recovered from a c-section
* Started back to work
* I cut back on my hours at work
* I cried a lot
* Learned how to shop on a tight budget
* Went to Alamo Drafthouse for the first time (random, I know)
* Celebrated my 28th birthday
* Jackson turns 5

Summer
* Jason had foot surgery
* We spent a lot of time learning things the hard way ;-)
* Jason and I went to Dallas for a week with just Madison and left the kids for a week for the first time
* Went on vacation to the beach with Aaron & Bre
* Pool time!
* Still cried a lot...
* Went to the zoo with our family pass

Fall
* Reconciled some family relationships
* Learned more things that hard way
* Jackson started Kindergarten
* Grew as a leader
* Got control of my emotions. ;-)
* Learned leadership can be lonely and ministry is not for the faint of heart
* Had a major milestone in my life that only Jesus could show me
* Started losing the baby weight
* Became a red head
* Reagan turns 3

Winter
* Started dreaming big dreams
* Started a hard pruning process...
* Started seeing fruit from being pruned. :)
* Jason turns 35
* Had an amazing Christmas
* Had a busy month
* Began to pray....For my word.

2012's Word  
Natalie's: CHANGE 
Jason's: FAITH 


OKAY, LORD....HERE WE GO. 

3 comments:

Marie said...

Loved the look back at all the things you grew in and accomplished. The thing that jumped out to me the most was that leadership can be lonely and ministry is not for the faint of heart. Amen. My husband and I are both involved in ministries and it really can be lonely and tough at times. But as long as we remember who we're serving and run the race with endurance, we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. :)

JChrisPowers said...

Getting comfortable with change is a HUGE deal, because it means learning to find your security in something other than your surroundings or circumstances. That very much seems like a word that God would give you! Can't wait to see how it turns out. I love you more than you know!

Anonymous said...

Like Marie, I feel compelled to comment on your thoughts about ministry life too. It is SO HARD. I love that we are a ministry family - but man, it is NOT for the faint of heart!

I cannot believe how much crap my hubby has had to go through this year - and he devotes every single day of his life serving and loving on people who sometimes treat him like dirt. And Dave keeps getting up and going back every day even though sometimes the only One who notices his faithfulness is Jesus himself. I am so proud of him for that.

I will spare you my thoughts for now on the difficulties of being a ministry wife.

;)

And once, about a year ago, I was serving middle school girls in a day long seminar, and the women who were organizing it didn't even acknowledge my presence or say thank you. I felt utterly invisible and unvalued. (Super low, but I'm being honest here). And I read that night about Jesus washing His disciples' feet. He took on the lowliest of jobs and lovingly served common men who all abandoned him in the end. That night when I was nursing my wounded pride, I realized that serving Jesus means being invisible - heck, mistreated - and that it is not about others' noticing.

I have had to remind myself that again and again this past year.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Loved your post.
Dawn