Sunday, January 02, 2011

Focused.

That's my word for the year.

I stole this from my friend, Kelly's blog. She has done this every year and it really has impacted me from afar. On New Year's Eve, Jason and I had a long discussion about how 2010 was and what we wanted to see in 2011. When he asked me to sum it up in one word I immediately thought

Focused.
1. To converge on or toward a central point of focus; be focused.

Something I don't have a lot of and something that I desperately need more of. I have a great life. A life of love, meaning, purpose and craziness. The craziness part comes off as a bit of a negative and well, frankly, sometimes it is. But, if I have learned anything this year, it is because I make it that way. And that's why I choose that word.

2. To adjust one's vision or an optical device so as to render a clear, distinct image.

This year I want to be focused on...
my husband - As he takes new steps in ministry and more responsibilities I really have felt a desire to support more and spend more time focused on what he needs.

my kids - this is my last 9 months with Jackson before he goes to kinder. I want to spend more intentional time with him, plus Reagan and the new baby will definitely need my attention.

my home - I want to be one top of my home. The cleaning, cooking, etc...but even more than that I want it to be a safe place. A refuge. A resting place.

my passion - I feel God leading me in so many areas right now with the creative arts and worship ministry. I am privileged and humbled by the opportunities I have. I'm excited about 2011 and can't wait to share more of what comes from it. :)

my Christ - Above all else, my Christ. Boy, is this a big one. Focus. Focus. Focus. Focus.

It's not a surprise that I am usually all over the place to some people. Some of that will always be a part of who I am and I can't be someone I am not, but I know the Lord is speaking to me in this area. So, that's what I'm going with. Here's to a focused 2011.

3. To concentrate attention or energy:

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a great goal! Very inspiring post :-)

Unknown said...

Love it Nat!
Great word and I love how deeply you've thought it through.
I can't tell you how much I love choosing a word a year!!
let's focus and believe that we can get together for coffee or something sometime soon :-)

Dawn said...

awesome!

i'm also choosing my word and i keep veering towards "rootedness" - in my faith and in scripture - so i can be steadfast.

off to blog it now!