Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cause I like the 2nd day of school better

This year I was really excited about Jackson's 1st day of school.  We have had such a great summer and we were both ready for him to go back to school. (Jackson and I, that is.) I had big dreams of pictures that morning and walking him in to meet his teacher.  I had it all planned out in my head...

Get up at 6:00am.
Have a cup of coffee and peace & quiet.
Get Jackson up at 6:45.
Jackson gets ready while I make breakfast.
Leave at 7:15 for school because we all know the line will be INSANELY long.
Park.
Walk Jackson to his classroom and get a super cute picture of him and his teacher.
Say bye, hug and tell Jackson, "It's okay, you are going to have an awesome day. No need to be scared buddy! You are going to rock this! I'll see you later....Okay, just one more hug....now I really have to go. I LOVE YOU TOO!!!"

It all went great. Right up until the part about PARKING.

We actually got to the school and couldn't find a parking space. Jackson then told me that he didn't really want me to walk him in at all and to just go to the carpool line and drop him off. After circling around a few billion times I decided that I needed to respect his independence. Once we got to the carpool line, I thought..."Oh I'll just pull over when I get up to the front, step out and take a picture of him walking into the school."

Nope.

It went more like this, "Mom, NO PICTURES. NONE! I DON'T WANT ANY PICTURES OF ME. YOU TAKE PICTURES OF ME ALL THE TIME AND THEN YOU JUST POST THEM ON INSTAGRAM."

Whatever Jackson. I am taking your picture.

It would be like me to get my phone out and not be able to operate it at the most important time of my life. My camera wouldn't operate. My morning was ruined. Instead I capture this...


Happy 1st Day of School, Jackson! 

I did not get a 1st day of school picture.
The door then shut and I was waved on by the the crossing guard.

So, to make up for this obvious MOM FAIL.... I got all the pictures I wanted this morning when Jackson and I walked to school.  I made sure to get the perfect picture for Instagram. I can not disappoint the 23 followers that I have.


I've always liked the 2nd day of school better anyway.

2 comments:

Bill said...

I love how you write! Your style reminds me of this old dude I know that used to blog. Stay with it, Nat.

Phelps said...

LOL!!! Love it!!! Jackson sounds like my kids. I had them pose and hold up signs! They kept yelling at me that I had enough picts for my instagram also!