Friday, November 23, 2012

Our Thanksgiving

This was just about the best Thanksgiving I have had in a long time. Probably in the top 5 of all Thanksgiving's. It is just about up there with that time my grandfather had laminated all of our place mats. What is even better is that it was Jason's 1st Thanksgiving with my family. He had one for Jason too with his face on it! Haha!  I'm pretty sure I haven't laughed that hard since...ever.  I wish I had a picture of it.  We didn't have laminated place mats this year, but we had an amazing day regardless.  Still laughing as I think about that day. He also told Jason he had to sing karaoke for his food.  I digress...

Thanksgiving 2012

We stayed home this year. It was the best decision we had made. We put our house on the market 2 weeks ago and it sold in 48 hrs. They want us out by December 18th, so we needed to stay here so we could get started on everything with the house and finding a new one. We will be renting and we are still holding out for something affordable that will suit our family.  It's been such an EXCITING whirlwind, so staying home was a good choice.  This year we hosted Thanksgiving.


I woke up extra early to get things started and Madi decided to join me. The bow and pajamas totally crack me up because she had insisted on that bow before bed. 


Jason, being the awesome husband that he is, helped me so much.  He cut every veggie, cooked bacon for the potatoes and cleaned every dish. I'm pretty sure that my love language is when he helps me in the kitchen. ;-)
Loving the apron, babe! 

My mom, sisters and Jason's parents came over to enjoy an awesome meal. Everyone did such a great job on the food. We had a great time laughing, eating and overall just giving thanks.
My beautiful sisters, Megan and Caitlin. 
The twins and I. Love them so much. 
My Mom and Jason's Mom, :)


I am so blown away by all that God has done in our lives this year. Jason posted yesterday on facebook that 2012 has by far been the best year of his life and that had proceeded one of the hardest. I couldn't agree more. So thankful for all that He has refined in us and what He is doing in our lives. 

No comments: