Thursday, January 19, 2012

Change

So I posted recently that I felt the Lord leading me to change in another area, but I wasn't ready to share.

I'm not sure I'm ready now either.  But,  alas....I must out of obedience. 

I've struggled my entire life with my weight. Well, as long as I can remember. Okay, well since like 6th grade. 

Whatever. It feels like my whole life.  

Anyhow,  as I have gotten older I have clung to my 5'10 frame and have always been grateful for that, but with 3 babies it has been hard for me to get to a good weight and keep it there.  Jason has never, ever made an issue out of my weight and always tells me how beautiful I am.  He truly has accepted me how I am and not just acceptance, but he likes the curves. ;-)  While I like the curvy frame, I don't like feeling sluggish and self-concious.  

I have lost all the baby weight, but I pretty much do not exercise on a regular basis. Plus, even though I may be at the pre-baby weight, I needed to lose weight before that happened anyway. Before I got pregnant with Madi, I had started running and loved it. 

I never really started again. I've done The Shred and I've been doing Just Dance, but I'm not serious about it.  And really, it's only been about losing weight. Not doing something that gets me in shape and makes me feel good about myself.  I don't want to just lose 40 lbs. I am 5'10 and I'm never going to be a size 6. I don't want to be a size 6.  That would look scary.  I just want to be healthy. 

So, here is my 2nd change.  Lose weight. Exercise. Eat right. 

Run
Lose 20 lbs by the summer.   
Run more
Lose 20 lbs more by the end of 2012. 

My plan:  I am still figuring that out with my schedule. I hate running at night, but I am not sure what else to do! 

Suggestions? 

I may get a little more daring as time goes by with the specifics. Please share your ideas! :) 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey natalie, just wanted to say thanks for sharing and being honest with your blog. you may not know it, but you encourage me. i enjoy reading your posts. :) lani

Stephanie Schillaci said...

you are and always have been beautiful. truly the most photogenic person I know (actually you and your sisters - still, no matter what you always have taken a gorgeous picture). the important thing is to feel strong and healthy. - mommy