Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

Well, I did it. 

I started the Couch to 5K program. I bought the app and everything. After my good friend Abby raved about the program I decided it was the way for me to go. 

And I love it so far. The first day was brutal. I went 1.2 miles in like 26 minutes. Monday I went 2 miles in 26 miles. So that was better.  I'll complete the 1st week tomorrow morning. 

I am pretty sure that the Lord is doing a new thing in me.  Here I am getting up everyday to do my quiet time and now I am exercising. I don't even know this person.  Change?? Yes, lots of it. 

Also, I started reading again. Like, non-fiction. (Gasp!!)  I am currently reading The Bible, Jesus Calling devotional and Power of a Praying Wife. 

Girls, I can not tell you the huge difference Power of a Praying Wife has made in me. I think we all (at some point) walk around annoyed at something our husbands have done or even down right mad and angry. I have, so often, prayed "Lord, please change him!!" or "Lord, please show him that it is all his fault and he needs to apologize to me."  I have been so convicted of the fact that it is ME who needs to change half the time. And not only that, my pride is a hinderance to what God wants to do.  Ugh. Convicting. And please don't think that for a second just because we are in ministry we don't struggle.  I thank God for a husband who is loyal and listens for the voice of the Lord, but marriage takes work.  

Couple of other things: 

*This week we went to Texas de Brazil. Our friends, Josh & Kelly had groupons and invited us to join them! It was super yummy and really fun! 

*This verse is setting me free. 

*I am so in love with this baby, not to mention her beautiful cousin next to her!  Madi will be 1 in 8 days!! 


*God has placed so many amazing people in my life who in the last 2 weeks have sent me scriptures, encouraging texts or have challenged me to be better. 

*Jason and I started watching Parks & Rec and oh. my. Lord. Funny. 
 
*I am currently obsessed with Pandora and listening to life changing worship music. Geez. 

*I am amazed and shocked at how expensive gas is again.  We are going to have to make a big decision about our cars soon. You can pray for us. 


Gotta go. Madi just put an entire roll of toilet paper in the toilet. 

No comments: