Friday, July 22, 2011

I have decided....


Remember that old song? "I have decided to follow Jesus. I have decided to follow Jesus....."

I remember singing that as a little girl when my dad would take me to First Baptist Church in Houston. My parents divorced at an early age and on his weekends that's where we'd go. So, not many songs stick out...apparently that was a catchy one. The song didn't really mean that much to me then and although it seems so old now, it's just one of those songs that will always stick with you.

Simple. Truth.

I've been challenged in that area lately. The obedience? The decision and the following. Not just the decision to follow...but actually doing it.

(Harder) Simple. Truth.

Deciding to follow Jesus....

In my finances.
In my attitude.
In my love for others.
In my un-forgiveness.
In my fears.
In my parenting.
In my MARRIAGE.
In my calling.
In my gifts.
In my self-centerdness.
In my "freak-outs".

Listen. Decide. Follow.

Simple. Truth.
Matthew 18:2-3
2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3
And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

No comments: