Friday, January 31, 2014

Cleaning house

I feel like the majority of last Thursday thru this Tuesday was spent holed up in our house. Yes, it was freezing cold, but I also just didn't really want to go anywhere. We had been GOING so much that I was just ready to be at home. 

Home. No where else. Except to maybe Target because I can't live without it.  

I had an awesome bible study on Tuesday morning with some girls from church and then spent the rest of the day catching up on some church work. 

Only this child. 
Wednesday is my day to clean the house. I have been really trying to teach the girls good habits about taking care of their room. They are doing a really good job and Miss Madi is obviously all over the cleaning thing.  She cracks me up (no pun intended). I find her using that mop in the craziest places.  I had just gotten them out of the bath and she ran away from me.  After calling for her over and over, I found her like that.  

We also have been getting rid of a lot. Clothes, unwanted toys, things that I just don't use anymore. Why in the world do I have a closet full of blankets. Blankets?  Do I really need 15 blankets that are maybe dated back to my 7th grade year. Honestly....

 I, oddly enough, really like to have a clean house, but I am HORRIBLE at laundry. Awful. I have really tried to be better at staying on top of it, but it never fails that at the end of the week we still have piles of it. It drives me crazy. I always laugh when friends say that my house is so clean and organzied. "You don't see my closets", is what I tell them. 

Girls cleaned and made their own beds


We celebrated our day of cleaning grilled cheese on the Hello Kitty Grilled Cheese Maker.  I did not have one (Daniel Plan) , but the girls loved it. They really must make a fortune off this stuff! 


I kind of like that we are entering the growing up phase in our family. I'm ready to share a few of my chores with my kids. ;-) 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Natalie, you're house is always clean! I'm awaiting the day for my kids to help out also! Nerissa

Unknown said...

Natalie, you're house is always clean! I'm awaiting the day for my kids to help out also! Nerissa