Monday, July 15, 2013

Our Summer in NB

This is our very 1st summer in New Braunfels.  The first 3 things that come to mind are TRAFFIC, Schlitterbahn and TRAFFIC.  Ha! 

I will admit that I had no clue what to expect when it came to living here in the summer. Everyone had warned us, but I didn't believe it until I saw it. What normally takes me 10 minutes to get to our church now takes me at 20.  I have finally found some back roads that most tourists don't know about and avoid all major roads as much as possible.

We really have had the best summer here. It's not only the funnest place to live during the summer, but it's my first summer to be staying home with my kids.  We've gone to Schlittlerbahn quite a few times thanks to my dad giving us season passes. It has been a blast and I will ask for them EVERY Christmas.  Our good friends from the church, Rebecca and Gregg, have a private property on the river and have invited us out there a few times. It's beautiful, peaceful and tons of fun. My kids are officially river rats.  We've also really loved going to the library here, having friends over and just generally enjoying New Braunfels.  We recently had a Girls Night Out with the ladies from our church too. It was tons of fun.

I'm just glad the summer isn't even over yet!


No comments: