Sunday, April 07, 2013

Refuge

The past 6 months have been a whirlwind. It has been an exciting, busy, challenging, humbling, fruitful and life-changing time in our lives since we moved to New Braunfels. 

God has been teaching us so much. I have really begun to see that God is more concerned about my relationship with him than He is with anything else in my life. I've been hit upside the head multiple times in the last few months with the fact that I am

A. Not in control. (As usual) 
B. What I thought was important just really wasn't. 

I have also grown to respect my husband more than I ever have before. I have been amazed and I am privileged to call him my husband. He has been a great leader and pastor to our congregation. I don't mind bragging on him. I love how Jason has allowed the Lord to shape and mold him into this role. It's not always easy, but it's so rewarding.   God knew that we would need a refuge away when we decided to go to Colorado back before Christmas. We asked our family for no presents, just money towards our trip. We wanted to celebrate our 9th anniversary and for it to be just the 2 of us. Jason's parents gifted us with their airlines miles and offered to come stay at our house for a week! 

I think in the back of my mind I didn't think it would all come together, but it did! Last week was the trip of a lifetime.  Our friends, The Conant's and The Schlueter's joined us since we all have anniversary's within a week of each other. It was a blast.   Here are some pics of our vacation. Can't wait to go back!! 













1 comment:

Dawn said...

Glad y'all are doing well and got a fun break. That is awesome.