Thursday, February 02, 2012

Madison Joy is 1

This is a tough post for me.

My baby is 1.   When we thought about having another baby,  we were both scared of what that would look like. We liked our family of four, but I really felt like we weren't complete. At the same time, though, I was scared about what a new person would do to our little family. Of course, the lack of sleep is a little intimidating and then, of course, throwing up for 5 months is not my idea of fun.

But, never-the-less, I got pregnant and when we found out we were having another little girl we were both (once again) scared out of our minds.  Little Miss Reagan was the "girl of ALL girls" in our mind. Ha!    We got over that pretty quickly and began to pray and get excited about meeting her. We went BACK and FORTH a million times on her name. Kennedy. Madison. Madeline.  I even had contests on face book about it.  I went crazy over her name.

But I knew one thing. I was supposed to have her middle name be "Joy". I was certain about that. So, when I went into labor at 11:00pm and ended up having to have an emergency c-section because she was breech, I told Jason that he could pretty much give up on picking the name because I was having my way no matter what.  Yes, I played that card.

And then Madison Joy joined us at 6:38am on February 2nd. She was beautiful. I immediately forgot about the horror of my surgery (another story for another time) and was filled with joy.  Unspeakable joy.  I thought that by the third child I wouldn't be so stunned when I saw her, but all I wanted to do was just hold her.

It's been a year. A great year with Madi. She was the easiest, most content, joyful baby. She slept good from the start. I got to breastfeed her and didn't get to do that with my others really. I was so grateful for that time of bonding.  Madi was our earliest walker. She loves any kind of food, really. She is in love with her daddy and besides saying his name all the time, the only other word she says is "daisy".  I guess that could be daddy too. ;-)  She loves her family. Literally lights up when her brother and sister come around.

I could not be more thankful for Madison. Madi. Madi Joy. Also, Biscuit (as her father so affectionally calls her).  We are so blessed. So grateful that God choose us to be her parents.





Thank you, God. Happy 1st Birthday, Madi.

2 comments:

Breanna said...

I love that sweet baby! Love you, Madi!

Barb said...

Sweetness! I can't believe it's been a year. Happy (late) Birthday Madi girl.