Thursday, September 29, 2011

Where I am at.

My loves are asleep. Except for that precious baby. She's standing in her crib talking to the princess nightlight in her room. I figure I'll leave here be until she starts to cry. It's early mornings like this that I cherish. Mornings that I know are my only chance to have clarity.

I haven't been blogging much. I've had down time, but I don't want to blog unless I feel motivated. My whole point in doing this blog was to remind me of life so that in 5 years I look back with memories. I'm throwing all of that out the window. I don't want to blog just to have one more thing to do. My life has a lot of "just one more thing to do's". I'm not putting rules on this.

Phillipians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Oh how I have needed to cling to this. I am such a worrier. And what a reminder to me that in EVERY situation we can (and should) present our requests to God. I never understood the whole peace of God thing fully. I know what peace is and I have felt it, but when there are such huge situations that come about in someones life that seem completely overwhelming I wasn't sure how someone would get a peace that transcends all understanding.

I remember watching a friend of mine who has walked through a lot of roller coasters in her life. Medical issues with children and herself. Scary stuff. Stuff that I think would send me over the edge. She clung to the presence of God each step of the way. Sure, it was hard. I am positive that she wanted to even yell at God sometimes. Yet something in her knew that God was her only answer. Her only avenue. And in that she walked in peace. A peace that I could absolutely not understand. The times that I have not gone before the feet of Jesus are the times that I don't have peace. The times that I have sat up searching for the answer in my own strength and abilities end up being a big mess. I don't sleep good. I am waking up every hour of the night. I start to make fearful & rash decisions. My skin breaks out and I drink too many iced teas from sonic. It's not pleasant for me or my bank account.

This is what the Lord is dealing with me on. We can't get away from the big stuff. The big stuff will happen. Deal with it. ;) However, we can deal with it in a way that surprises us with peace, rest and better looking skin. Most importantly, we aren't dealing with it. God is.

2 comments:

Breanna said...

Love this post. Beautiful and insightful. I've been in that place too lately, where I just worry so much about this and that. This was such a great reminder about where I need to be to experience peace. Love you!

Our Story: Continued said...

I love this post! I way too often turn to starbucks and sonic for my "peace" that really isn't as long-lasting as the peace He can only give. Love you girl! And miss you like crazy!!!! I feel like I haven't talked to you in way too long!