Tuesday, May 31, 2011

An Italian Birthday



Jenn turned 25 last week. ;-)

This birthday had to be special for her. You don't turn 25 every year. Okay...she's not 25, but she's not 55 either. I'll leave it at that.

It's definitely a rarity that Jenn gets to show up and do nothing. She is usually in charge of planning all the parties, cooking and baking all the food, sewing gifts, using her amazing hospitality skills and doing it all with a smile and grace.

I want to be like her when I grow up.

So, what do friends do? They call all their friends together and throw one big Italian dinner party. For appetizers there was caprese salad, artichoke dip, fresh bread & dipping oil and much more. On top of that we had 2 main italian dishes and lava cakes for dessert. Lovely.

I love having people in our home and I actually did not freak out (TOO MUCH) when my air went out. Ha. Jenn is a gift and blessing to so many. Celebrating her with friends and food was the least we could do.


1 comment:

Jennifer C said...

Oh Nat!! Just read this...you are so sweet! It was such a special night. Thank you for all that you do. Love you so much!!!