Saturday, December 04, 2010

5:40 a.m. on a Saturday morning

Every Saturday should be a day to sleep in. Any day off should be. Of course, here I am now, up and blogging. I woke up at 5:40 this morning and couldn't fall back asleep. I did go to bed at 8:15 last night though. I am more and more convinced that I am going to be just like my Mawmaw for the rest of my life and get up at 5:00 am, cut coupons, read the paper and complain about my legs hurting.

And how no one loves me. And how Italians are the best....and eat too much pie.

I finished the stage at church for Christmas. It is one of the biggest projects that I do every quarter or so and although it always stresses me out, I actually really do enjoy doing it. I really want to learn how to have joy in the midst of big projects and busy seasons. I had a LOT of help this year from a fabulous group of ladies. They pretty much made the whole thing happen while I pointed and told them what to do. Now, that it is finally done I can rest for 2.5 minutes before the next project comes along. I spent most of my week doing that stage and the rest of it rehearsing music for various Christmas events. I'm not totally 'Christmas-ed" out yet. I still love this time of year.

Except that it is almost 75 degrees out every day. That makes me angry.

Again, joy.

A friend of mine wrote this blog post yesterday on perspective. McKenna is probably the most inspiring person in my life. There is a strength and grace that God has given her that she probably doesn't even realize she has. And as I complain about being pregnant and being busy, she is trying to navigate her way through being a mom of 3, a wife and battling leukemia. I hate cancer and want it to go away. She hates cancer and wants it to go away....

And still, she reminds us of perspective and God's redeeming grace. I am once again reminded of His hold on me and Joy.

And these two. Oh what joy they bring to me.

7:16 a.m. I think I'll take a nap.


Joy, Unspeakable Joy. An overflowing well. No tongue can tell.
Joy, Unspeakable Joy. It rises in my soul. Never lets me go.

No comments: