Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Big Day

So last week our church staff spent the day at Lake LBJ in Marble Falls. It was an amazing day for 4 good reasons.

1. There was good food and that makes everything better.

2. Play. We got to play all day. In the water. On boats. Who doesn't love that?

3. I was with my friends. Our staff are some of the most amazing people I know. We love each other. We make fun of each other. We keep each others kids. We laugh together. We cry together. We yell at each other and then we make up over ice cream.

4. I got baptized. :)


It was very spur of the moment. I had been wanting to do this
FOREVER...
It's a long story...
I asked Jason and Sean to baptize me. Sean asked me to speak.
I cried. So did everyone else. :)

It was truly a celebration. A memory.

All my favorite people were there. (Except my family and some friends, of course!) I will always remember this day.

Mark 1:8 "I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."

3 comments:

Phelps said...

Awesome! I know you had wanted to do that for a while. It looked so amazing just in the picts! Wish I could have been there. Miss you my friend!

Breanna said...

Seeing those pictures makes me feel like I was there and they make me so happy :) Love you!

Sandy Powers said...

Seeing those pictures makes me feel so emotional! Don't forget. I WANT copies of those pictures. They are so amazing!

If ever there was a testimony to the supernatural "thing" that happens when one follows Jesus' lead and gets baptized, these pictures are IT! Here you are a dynamic, influential woman of God -- and have been forEVER, yet still, the emotion of these pictures capturing the moment are unmistakable. Thank you for sharing your private moment with your best friends with US! :)