Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Jackson's First Baseball Game


Friday afternoon we packed up the kids and headed to Houston. Jackson turns 4 on May 28th and we wanted to celebrate this year by taking him to his very first Astros game. Jason grew up with an obsession for the Astros and since I grew up in Houston (with a Dad with the same obsession) we felt that it was time for Jackson to become an avid fan.

We had the best time. And as you can tell, so did Jackson.
His Daddy had to buy him his own Astros shirt....and one for himself as well. :) (Excuse the quality on the above photo.)
During the 8th inning we walking down to the bottom and Jason got these pics.
This was our view. Beautiful stadium. And outrageously priced food!
I wanted to show this photo because it makes me smile for my husband. When Jason was growing up he played baseball. He played in high school and college. It was his life. Every time we drive by a baseball field he always comments on the time he and his dad spent on making the fields look good. They were obsessive I'm sure. We got to the field early and Jason took this picture. It just makes my heart smile because I know there is still a kid in him.

It was a great trip. There were great memories made. My favorite moment: Walking out of the stadium hearing thousands of people belt "Take Me Out To The Ball Game." Just reminds you that people still love the simple things.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy birthday Jackson! I can't believe he is 4 already! How awesome that you were able to share that with him! Memories that will last a lifetime were made at that game I'm sure :-)