Sunday, February 07, 2010

Sunday, 5:30 am - 1:30 pm

5:30 am.....every Sunday. It sure does come early. So much for staying out late on Saturday's in the Powers household. By 1:30 pm I am completely exhausted. My kids are exhausted. Sometimes I just want to stay home....let someone else lead.

And then I go and I lead worship....
And I see the POWER of God come. I get the privilege to watch others experience God's presence.


And it's amazing.

And then the day is done...and my kids take 2 hour naps. They are my kids...God knew. And they are loved and they love going to church and it makes me smile to think that they are hearing about Jesus for 5 hours.

And then I think back at how we encountered God Sunday...and how it changed me...us.

And ...well, then I feel selfish about complaining about 5:30 am.

And then I get over that...and thank God for another Sunday from 5:30 am - 1:30 pm.

Happy Sunday. :)

1 comment:

Marie said...

Sweet! I really enjoy the worship when we come to visit my in-laws...God has blessed you with a beautiful gift and talent!