Jealousy stinks. I am guilty of it and boy do I hate that characteristic in myself! I loved what she said about having to take our thoughts captive and learning to be content. Sometimes I really forgot to do that.
I got home tonight and was thinking more about her blog. It really did resonate with me. I do need to work on being more content, grateful and taking my thoughts captive...immediately. I think about the things that God has given me and it makes me smile. Makes me happy...makes me content.....and convicts me!
So because I am...ME and I like to just see things visually here are my reminders. (Amanda also did this and I thought it was neat to see her process through the "jealous" items she might have.)
- My hair is not terrible. I know that's dumb, but I envy others cute haircuts sometimes. I like my hair actually.
- My house doesn't have to be perfectly clean! I like my house. In fact, I enjoy it. I am blessed that more than half the things in my home have been given to me.
- It's okay that I am not a size 2....or even a size 10. My weight often bothers me, but God still loves me and knows that I am working really hard on that....sometimes. Ha.
- Having one car isn't the end of the world. I don't know why that bothers me. I mean..I have a car! It could be worse.
- I don't have to be good at all the things my friends are good at. Does that ever get to you?? I hope I'm not the only one! We all have something we are good at, but yet we want something someone else has.
- I am a good mom. For some reason this one hits me hard. I get jealous of "good" moms. I feel like I am not doing right for my children when I work at the church, but at the same time I feel totally called to what I do. I am still a good mom...even when I work. My kids are loved, taken care of and balanced.
Those are some of the things I was thinking about when I read Amanda's post. I think God has something to say to me in this. I compare myself too much and for me, the root of that is insecurity. I really appreciated Amanda's transparency in her post. I am thankful for people like her in my life. This was really good for me to do.