Friday, December 25, 2009

A New Start

First, MERRY CHRISTMAS! I have so much to post, but that will come later.

I recently was walking through a tough time. My life gets busy and when that happens everything else seems hectic. On top of that we had Christmas and we all know the stresses that (unfortunately) come with that.

Thankfully, God has sent me wonderful friends who walk with me and pray for me. I am so thankful for these precious ladies in my life. I can still be me around them and not ever have to feel like I have to be perfect or even act like it. I can just be...Natalie. Not Jackson and Reagan's mom, a pastor's wife, a worship leader...just me.

One of those dear gals sent me this scripture the other day and felt like it was something the Lord wanted me to hold onto. Ironically, Jason has been reading the same scripture and I believe this is something that God wants Jason and I to hear from him for 2010. For us individually, our marriage, our family and our ministry.

Excited to see what 2010 holds for us.

Isaiah 61

The Year of the LORD's Favor
1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,

2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,

3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.

They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.

No comments: