Friday, April 04, 2008

People Pleasing

Right now as a church staff we are reading 1 Corinthians. First, I love that we are doing this together...the Lord is teaching us so much. Second of all, it has been very convicting for me. Don't you just love when that happens? :) Here is a posting our Pastor blogged recently. It spoke to me so much and I just had to share it. How great would it be if we only cared what God thought?

Now, that is a burden lifted. Read below....

"Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men’s hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God. "- 1 Cor. 4:2-5

One of the sad things about our world is our obsession with appearances. What will others think? How will it appear? It seems that Paul could care less what others think. I like that…a lot!Don’t worry about how things appear. Concern yourself with how they really are! Really there are only 2 concerns: Have I been faithful, and what does God think? He sees the heart of the matter and one day all will be revealed and the fruit will be seen.

Don’t worry so much about what people think. Now, isn’t that a burden lifted?

No comments: