Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve

Today is New Year's Eve. You all should know that.

I actually have lots of memories of this day from years past.
  • My twin sisters were born 14 years ago today. Happy Birthday girls. I love you and you are still our "babies".
  • When I was 14 I stayed at my Grandma's on this very day and she let me stay up until 3:00 am to watch Grease for the first time. It was the sing-along version. Now High School Musical has taken over. What happened to the old days?
  • The year I graduated high school my new college/work friends went out to the country and stayed in this teeny tiny house the size of my living room and kitchen combined. There were around 10 of us and probably 4 beds. I don't know how we did it, but we did and had the best time of our lives.
  • I was 19 years old, 3 months from turning 20 and came to visit my mom here in San Antonio for New Year's. She had just joined this new church around the corner and had gone to their Christmas Eve service and loved it. They told her to go to the welcome center to turn in her "guest card" and they gave her a Christmas CD. (Sounds oddly familiar) That day, she played it for me and on came a voice I will never forget. He was the youth pastor of the church and had done a reading on the cd for a certain song. She looked up at me and said, "That's the youth pastor and your going to marry him." I thought, Yeah right...whatever. Guess what? That new little church is River City. Guess who I married?
New Year's Eve has a lot of special memories for me. Hope you all have a great one tonight! May God give you special memories of your own for the 2008.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow that last part gave me goosbumps..love you
ps you are becoming a regular blogger!

Abby said...

I know - I'm with Michelle. I don't read for awhile, and I miss so much! OMG - Natalie - your memories are wonderful! I remember the New Year's Even in San Antonio with Matt. Craziness. And that little house - I watched that video when I was in Branson - Jason has a copy!!!