Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Ultimate Discipline

"I Hate Dieting"


I am starting my new "Weigh Down" program. It's hard. It sucks. And it's GREAT! I am so excited about this. I walked tonight ...didn't want to, but I did. I passed up cookies and donuts this morning. It was hard. I love them.

In all this though I see God. That is why I am doing this. To deny my flesh is a lesson God wants me to learn. And the biggest way to learn how to deny it is to become healthy. God wants to teach me about being a disciplined person. Each time I don't give into in ice cream or decide to take a walk, I am denying that part of me that says "oh come one, just do it". In the midst of it I am learning that God wants to bring me to a new level of intimacy with Him. I want to live life not looking back when God tells me to do something.

The discipline is hard. The discipline is something I don't look forward to. The discipline is the greatest thing that ever happened to me.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Good for you!! I'm so proud of you. Either way you are still gorgeous!!! Love you