Monday, January 13, 2014

The weekend Cedar came to kill us all

I'll start out by saying that I am not a hater of many things. I grew up in a house that wasn't allowed to use the word "hate" for ANY reason what-so-ever.  This could definitely be the reason that I don't know how to clearly share my feelings about something I don't like for fear that someone might think I hate them...or whatever.    However,  I sincerely, unapologetically HATE cedar. My weekend was filled with itchy, watery eyes, sneezing and congestion. At one point I really thought I was getting the flu and asked Jason to feel my head because I was convinced I had a fever with chills.  I don't appreciate how he immediately knows when my hypochondria sets it. (If it weren't for the times that I have self-diagnosed myself with 7 different kinds of cancer....)  Once I realized that it really was allergies and nothing was helping I decided to go Target and get meds to help me.

It's never a good sign when the allergy section is cleared out at Target.  I managed to find a miracle drug behind the counter that gave me some relief. Claritin-D my friends. It's the way to go.

Thankfully I managed to enjoy our weekend. We were pretty packed with stuff to do, but it was a lot of fun.  A friend from church took the bigger kids and we just had Madi Saturday night.  Our friends, Shanie and Sean, from church had us over for a belated birthday dinner that night to celebrate Jason. We had a lot of fun and she made the yummiest food! 


My brother came in Saturday night to help move baby sisters stuff from their apartment and play drums at our church. I have to brag a little and just say that he is SERIOUSLY good.  I love good musicians and he is a really great one. We were so thankful to have him come play for us. 

Sunday night a group of my girlfriends got together for an overdue girls night. These are what I call my forever friends. I have known Amanda, Barb and Breanna (my sister-in-law) for over 10 years and Jennifer for 7 years. We all met at church and have shared pregnancies together, trips, sorrows, crazy stories and God sized dreams together.  I don't get to see them as much as I'd like to, but it never matters how long it's been.  They get me and it's never boring to be around them.  They are life-giving, encouraging, Jesus-loving girls who have always made me better. Always.  


It was a great way to end the weekend.

Here is to a new week!

No comments: