Monday, December 31, 2012

My Year End Review (2012)

2012.  Wow. I don't really even know where to begin.

The Lord was so good to us in 2012.  My word for 2012 was Change. Jason's was Faith.  We both started the year with this....

Isaiah 40:3 - 5  “In the wilderness prepare the way for the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God.  Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. And the glory of the Lord will be revealed and all people will see it together. 

 You could say that the Lord knew what He was doing when He gave us those words.  I wasn't prepared for what it meant for my life.  I thought maybe it would be losing 20 pounds, changing my habits, getting organized, becoming a better wife and mother...you know stuff like that.  Little did I know that it would be more than I ever dreamed of.

Highlights of 2012:
  • Jackson turned 6 years old in May and started the 1st grade this year.  Jackson learned to swim this summer (huge deal) and is an awesome reader. Jackson has become more of an extrovert and loves to go, go, go! He loves playing with his cousin Carson, doing anything and everything with his daddy, drawing Power Rangers symbols and making his sisters laugh.  We've been really proud of how Jackson has handled this move to New Braunfels. He has not skipped a beat and is excited to start his new school in January. 
  • Reagan turned 4 years old in September and finished her Mother's Day Out program at River City this past December.  Reagan also learned to swim this summer and became quite taken with horses.  Reagan is a homebody like her daddy and an awesome sister. She loves teaching Madi about life, wears dresses EVERY DAY, loves playing with her friends (especially Lukie) and helping me cook.  Reagan is sad about leaving school, but is genuinely excited about staying home with me. We are excited about what 2013 holds for this sweet girl. 
  • Madison Joy turned 1 years old in February and also went to Mother's Day Out. Madison is definitely the baby of the family and knows it.  She is a daredevil, strong-willed, happy, sweet and loves to make people laugh.  Madi loves to eat, dance, sing and is talking more and more everyday.   She loves Elmo, babies and snuggling.   We are truly blessed by the joy she brings into our life and everyone around her. She definitely lives up to her name. :) 
  • Jason and I are getting older and older every day. Haha.  We celebrated 8 years of marriage in March and can't believe what all God has done. We have definitely made big changes this year and have taken huge steps of faith in 2012.  We love doing ministry together and I am excited about staying home with the kids.  Living in New Braunfels is awesome and I still can't believe we are here and that this is happening!  
Jason's word for 2013 is Grace. My word for 2013 is Simplicity. I can't speak for him, but I'll share about my word. Ann Voskamp said in her book One Thousand Gifts,  "Simplicity is ultimately a matter of focus."  I have been thinking long and hard about this word. It's going to hit me on a few different levels I believe, but I can't get away from what this word holds for me.  

Matthew 6:24
24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

2012 was good to us. Challenging, but rewarding. Hard, but gracious.  Thanking God for what He did and what He is about to do.   


1 comment:

Dawn said...

Great post, and I love your redesign. Happy new year! Happy new word(s)!