Monday, October 22, 2012

Faith & Change - Part 3

I can't believe how long it is taking me to sit down and write a post. Ugh! Things have been very busy these past 2 weeks. We have already begun doing ministry in New Braunfels and are lives are busy with handling the transition at the Central Campus as well.

Here is part 3:

As we took time to pray and truly seek the Lord, I realized more and more that this was exactly the direction we were supposed to take.  Jason and I knew that this was a huge step of faith for us. The responsibility seemed overwhelming, but overruled by the peace of God.   So here we are. After a unanimous vote at the New Braunfels Campus, many meetings and much more we have started ministering at River City New Braunfels. This past weekend was one of our first weekend's to be the Lead Pastors of this church. It seems really weird to even say that out loud!! We are humbled and excited. We are nervous and anxious. We are blessed and ready. :) Our hope is to be moved there by the first of the year!

My last day as an employee at River City Community Church will be this coming Friday. After working there for 9 years, it will be sad to say goodbye. However, I could not be more excited about this new season of my life. I will be at home with my babies as a full-time stay-at-home Mom. I have loved my career and everything I have learned, but I know that I can never get these years back. Jason and I knew immediately that I was supposed to do this.  I can not believe that I am getting to do this and can not wait.  As many have always told me, my family is my primary ministry.  Here is my chance. ;)

This weekend will be Jason and Aaron's Ordination Service where Pastor Sean and the elders will ordain them. It will also be our last weekend there as well.  Here is to new beginnings and a new adventure. I could not think of someone better to take it with than Jason.

God is good.

No comments: