Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Word, His promises and friends

Since January I have spent significant time reading my bible.  I was getting up every morning between 6 and 6:30am to read, journal and drink a cup of coffee. The past month hasn't been great, but I have still been pretty faithful at reading and drinking in His word. It truly has been life changing.  

I used to dread getting up that early. I really came to love it. I looked forward to going to bed just so I could get up in the morning. I anticipated with great joy what the Lord would say to me. I have felt free even during rough seasons because of the promises He has revealed to me. 

Isaiah 56:1 - Maintain justice and DO what is right, for my salvation is close at hand and my righteousness will soon be revealed.  

This scripture came at a very timely moment in my life when I had been really seeking God about something. 

Psalm 50:23 - He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God.

Jason had read this scripture 2 weeks before I did and had been praying that God would speak to me too.  When I read it 2 weeks later and felt so moved by its message, I had no idea that it was something he had been using in his prayer time.  

These are just reminders for me that the Lord is always close to us and wants to speak to us. I am very encouraged by how God always has something to say to us even if it is simply, WAIT. 

He has always used people to confirm His promises to me too.  I have one very special friend who has been a intercessor for my family and has a word into my life multiply times over the past 6  months. I am forever grateful because they have been encouraging, challenging and life changing.   

I love my friends. I love the Word. Thanks, God! haha 

How has HIs Word changed you? 

No comments: