Monday, August 22, 2011

1st day of school



Well, day 1 is complete. Jackson had his very first day of Kindergarten today. Let me just say that I did not ever expect this mommy to be so emotional! Wow. This has completely thrown me for a loop. While I have known it was coming and even been very excited for it to come, I always had it in my mind that it was still "forever" away. Not so much....

Jackson went to sleep excited and nervous. When he woke up he didn't even want to eat. This is much like me every Saturday night before I lead worship. ;) When we dropped him off this morning he walked right in, went to the front of the line and waved goodbye. I managed to hold back the tears until we left. Poor Jason. Ha! At the end of the day he was happy and now can't wait to go back tomorrow. Thank you, Jesus! We are really looking forward to getting involved in his school. I can't wait to start volunteering and being a part of this new phase of life. What a great opportunity to meet some new mama's!

I had to share what you see below.

5 years ago we took this when they were just babies. This image will forever be with me. Sweet boys. Jack & Carson are still the best of friends and now starting kindergarten. Time sure does fly by fast.


Look who else started school?!

This is the only picture I could get of her. All the other shots I got she was telling me that she doesn't like pictures. Ha! Isn't her outfit adorable? My Mom scored that at a garage sale. She is LOVING Mother's Day Out. It is such a blessing while I work at the church.

Praying for a special year for my kiddos. To God be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

1 comment:

Sandy Powers said...

Awwww! I could not stop thinking about our school kids today, especially Jackson & Carson. I knew they would do so good, but I'm like you, I have felt quite emotional about how fast the time passes -- even faster when you are a grandparent!

Thanks for posting those pictures. It seems like just yesterday we were giggling our heads off at our "crying baby cousins" photo shoot.

I love you all so much!!!