Monday, February 14, 2011

My Sunday Song: #2 & 3

I missed last week and this Sunday. I had a baby though, so have some grace with me. :)

I figured I'd just post 2 songs to catch up. I have a soft spot for country music. I grew up on country music. My mom has always worked in billboard or media type advertising and was always getting free tickets to the Houston Rodeo. We saw George Strait, Reba, Garth Brooks, Martina McBride and more. I remember sitting in the legendary Astrodome in Houston and being amazed at how many people would come to see one guy sing. There is always something very familiar & comfortable to me when I listen to country music. There is some that I can't stand, but then there is some I love. I definitely can be picky about country music and what I usually fall for are the lyrics more than it just "sounding good" or being "catchy".

This post is the SAME song, but sung by 2 different artists. Jason loves Garth Brooks' version. I love me some Garth Brooks, but I really love how Trisha Yearwood does this song too. And of course, it's on the Hope Floats movie soundtrack and because I adore that movie, it makes it all the more lovely. Truly, I would listen to both on repeat over and over again. It's fun to know that Bob Dylan wrote this song too. It gets 5 stars from me.

Which one do you like?

Trisha Yearwood



Garth Brooks


3 comments:

Daniel E. said...

That's a tough one and very close. I would lean to the GB version for the male voice and for me it's more of a song being sung to a female than one being sung to me.

I enjoyed listening to these!

Breanna said...

My vote is for Garth's version. Back in the days of Napster, I found a version of this song from Caedmon's Call. I still think Garth wins it tho. He's just good.

Dawn said...

garth!

(i didn't know yearwood recorded it too - funny, since they're married. they should make it a duet!)

love hope floats too. can't resist it any time it's on.

i love the comfort of good country music too - makes me feel like i'm back in texas. nothin like country music in texas.

have you heard of suzy bogguss? she's old school and very good!