Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Blog catch-up post #1 - Past 2 weeks.

Oh my word, I am so behind on life. Well, at least on blogging. So, where do I start? I have so much to say.

Here is what's been happening the past 2 weeks:

*Christmas planning for the church is well on it's way. I had a stage design meeting at my house a few weeks ago. It was a lot of fun and we have some GREAT ideas in store! Xmas choir rehearsals start this week. So excited to start singing Christmas music!

*Halloween was a lot of fun! We went to my Mom's to trick-or-treat. The kids really got into it this year and it was so much fun to watch their little eyes light up at the fun. It will forever be a memory in my mind.


*Baby #3 is doing great! She is moving around like crazy and keeping me up at night. I have had horrible insomnia, but it just gives me another chance to pray about things in our lives and others. We are loving the name Madison Sarah Powers. I am pretty sure you have figured out that all of our kids are named after Presidents. It was, however, NOT meant to be that way. I just happened to like all those names. I go for my Glucose Test next week. I hate that test and I'm praying for good results. :)

*Jack is sick. It started out by allergies. Now he has an ear infection, sinus infection and his Dr. told me today that his asthma is bad again. So, $400 later in prescriptions he is well on his way to recovery. (Not really $400, but it might as well of been.) Please pray for him. Jackson was born with a concave chest. The medical term is Pectus Excavatum. Jackson's has never been that bad, but today the pediatrician seemed concerned and wants to look into him having surgery to repair it. I was not expecting this and it really bummed me out. I thought he would be able to live with it and never need the surgery. However, there is a chance that it could compromise his heart and lungs. So, we are going to be looking into that more. I am just praying for peace and wisdom. Of course, we want to do what is best for him!

*There is so much more going on, but I need to space those blog posts a little. :)

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

The kids look adorable from Halloween!

I love the run of Presidents' names!

You are handling your worry about Jack so well. I will keep you all in my prayers. Will a second opinion help? We had a surgery-hungry ENT who wanted to put a second set of tubes in Eli's ears - and our ped said that was not necessary. Just our own recent example of something seemingly serious not being so after all.