Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Weekend Recap 6/11 - 6/14


Whoa! What a weekend it was.

Friday night I went to a little MaryKay party at Breanna's house. It was super fun. We put on makeup, laughed, ate chocolate cake and watched a movie. I felt 16 all over again and it was awesome! I so needed that.

Saturday we did absolutely nothing. I felt horrible all day, but made it out to a Souper Salad and had lunch. Fact: Jason's clam chowder was not a hit for me morning sickness. :) We ended up at Target afterwards and then home for the rest of the day where I laid on the couch and watched "Back To The Future"....all 3 of them. My house was horribly messy, but I suppose you could say that I did not care at that point. I would rather not throw up. I somehow managed to make dinner that night and it was good. So I get 2 points.

Sunday morning was church. Of course. I was super nervous about what the morning would bring for my weak stomach, but God was brilliant as ever and gave me the strength (with a sausage english muffin) to lead worship. Jason preached because Pastor Sean is out for June and did an awesome job. I love his passion to see people grow.

My most favorite part:
Late Sunday afternoon, Jason and I left for Marble Falls to have a little overnight stay. It's about an 1 1/2 hour drive, but beautiful! It was by far the best overnight stay we have ever had. We stayed at the La Quinta Inn there and were pleasantly surprised by how nice it was. Every room has a view of the lake and hill country. The pool is AWESOME. It's super quiet and you get a really nice FREE breakfast. Marble Falls is a really cute little lake town. The restaurants were fantastic. We laid by the pool, watched movies, laid by the pool some more and got a late check-out. The time we had together was truly the highlight of my entire weekend. Usually it takes us more than a day to wind down, so it was a nice surprise for it to not take any time at all. We decided that we will definitely be going back...and very soon.

Now it is back to the work week. I'm sure there is more to come. I have an appointment Thursday. Wish us luck!



No comments: