Saturday, January 09, 2010

Word of God Speak

I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:11

I have been very convicted and challenged lately to know more of God. Not in a "rules" kind of way, but to truly know the heart of God. And the only way to do that is to know his divine word.

This week I was:

stressed
overwhelmed
confused
doubtful
tired

Sound familiar?

Then, today I got a pedicure. Ha. Okay, that wasn't really what I meant to say...although it was amazing.

I had a chance to get some time alone today. For me, that looks like getting in my car and driving around sometimes. I needed it. I took a drive out to the Verizon (a piece of property our church is looking at purchasing....with MUCH prayer and Godly wisdom) and just sat there. Who knows what will happen with the Verizon...but God is big enough to do anything when it means bringing more people to Him! And then, I thought about my week. I thought about other people I know who had a hard week. I thought about the people living in the areas around San Antonio who need God. I thought about a lot of things and before getting even more overwhelmed, I realized for the 50th time this week that God says....

stressful? discouraged? overwhelmed? tired?

.."come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I gave you is light.”

I remembered that I am loved. That we are all loved. That God has something to show us. That there is nothing he can't do or handle.

And once again, God's word spoke truth and power.

Happy Saturday!

No comments: