Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pictures, Parties, Potty

Friday night I was invited to a shower for my friend Kara. She and her husband are becoming foster parents in December and were thrown a shower/party to celebrate their new journey. It was one of the best showers I have ever been too. It wasn't just the chocolate and good friends that made it wonderful, but the fact that God was definitely honored and there! I was so touched by the humility, courage and love that was so overwhelmingly present. It was just a reminded at how precious children are and that I for sure want to adopt one day. Jason and I have talked about it the moment we decided to get married. I am so thankful that there are such wonderful people like the Spranger's and Newcom's to adopt. There are wonderful treasures in heaven for them.


I was also able to capture some new pictures of Reagan. She is getting so big!! She will be 8 weeks old on Saturday. What a delight she is. She has been sleeping from about 9:30 - 5:00 am every night. It's pretty wonderful. I think Jason and I are both pretty tired still, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm excited to take her to Houston for Thanksgiving. It will be the first time she sees both sets of great grandparents.


Jackson is now afraid of the potty. Ugh. I'm trying to get him over that, but we shall see. I'm taking it one day at a time...."Oh please Lord help me."

3 comments:

Kara said...

Thanks for coming to the shower - it was so great to have you there!! And I love that last pic - it just looks like love :)

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid of the potty too. But I'm too big to give into the fear. All the sounds, the rushing water going to who knows where? Good grief. That's serious stuff.

Kara - I'm excited for you guys! Y'all are taking steps that make the world a better place!

Our Story: Continued said...

Have a fun Thanksgiving! I love those pictures of Reagan!! I loved the shower as well. It was such a special shower! Kara and Ian are so AWESOME!!!