Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Little Repeats

Jackson is in the stage of repeating everything he hears. At first it's cute. He hears us say things to each other like, "Mommy likes to spend money", "Oh, Nicccceee", "Daddy's playing golf?", "Silly Billy"...etc. However, we are now having to watch everything we say. Here is a scenario for you that happened in our kitchen.

I'm in the kitchen cooking and Jason is making fun of me for something. (Probably the fact that I am cooking) We proceed to say things back to each other...only kidding around. Then Jason says, "Hey, I'll punch you in the neck".
  • First of all, WHAT? Seriously, that's all you could come up with? Ha.
  • Second, and most important, Jackson !!!! He walks in and says "Mommy, I'll punch you in the neck" and laughs hysterically. Now he is telling all his friends that he is going to punch them in the neck. I am sure we have many parents in our church horrified at how "Jason and Natalie are teaching little Jack-Jack to punch".

I am really hoping we aren't the only ones who go through this. I'm hoping he will start to repeat all the really intellectual things we say to each other.

Not a chance.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sorry I am laughing right now....lol
That is so hilarious. I can't wait to see him!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Natalie. That is really unusual. You guys might need family counseling. I don't know any families that might jokingly threaten to punch each other in the neck. And now you're passing it on to your children. What a shame.

:) ha ha! you KNOW I am joking. I mean, it doesn't happen at OUR house, but I've heard that it does happen. :)

Joel Runyon said...

haha thats actually really funny.
i can imagine jason saying it and then jack jack imitating :)

i miss you guys...

did you really find those glasses??? cause i think thats really funny you would like 4 months later :)
miss you guys.