Thursday, September 11, 2008

Potty Training

So, Jackson has decided (with only 2 weeks left until baby) that he wants to use the big potty from now on. He asks us randomly through out the day if he can go and I make it a point to have him go every morning when he wakes up.

Of course, I wasn't expecting to even attempt this until AFTER the baby...and now he wants to be a pro.

So, should I move full speed ahead or continue what I am doing until the baby comes? Part of me thinks I should move full speed ahead. It's now or never, right?

What do you think?

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey, if he's interested, go for it!! How great that he has initiated...maybe he just feels like he should be a big boy now. Yay for self-starters. :) Hope it goes well for you!

Michelle said...

I would say go for it. If you discourage him he might change his mind about the whole thing. Even though Addyson is still pretty young everytime she wants to go on the potty I take her so she knows that it's always there and we are thrilled for her to go. Good luck on the whole process!!

Jennifer C said...

Go for it...with the possibility that he might regress after Reagan comes, but he also might not! What finally did it for my Jackson was the realization that he did not want to wear diapers because diapers were for babies.:) Not one of my children EVER initiated potty training so I am soooo impressed that Jack wants to do it. That is awesome!!:)

Kelly Newcom said...

I agree to go for it. We're getting ready to start with E too!

Sam said...

I say go for it now while he is interested. He knows when he's ready... just go with the flow:)

KriSTeN said...

wow! that's so great that he wants to be a "big boy" just in time for his little sister to get here...
i am excited for you! go for it!

congrats on the little girl.. i am so excited for you guys. a boy and a girl. since we found out that we are having a boy i just cant wait to see what God has in store for us in the future. i have always dreamed of a little boy and a little girl so we shall see!

God bless!