My pastor Sean kept referring to Mother's Day as "Yo Mama's Day"...and it stuck.
This is my 2nd Mother's Day. Amanda Espinoza's blog on http://www.themomcrowd.com/ inspired me to post about my Jack-Jack. I am so blessed to have a little boy. Boys are an entirely different species, I think. Sometimes I shake my head wondering where it all comes from. At 1 year he instinctively knew that sticks were swords. He knew that a car went "vroom"....I didn't teach him that. I love my little boy. I used to sometimes wonder why I was given a little boy first. Everything in me screamed girl that first pregnancy. I grew up with all sisters and one brother....I thought sometimes he was even a girl. :) I didn't know what to do with a little boy. I know now that God knew exactly what he was doing. I wouldn't trade it for the world or the lessons it has taught me.
Jackson, I love it when you......
* Hear American Idol come on and bring Daddy's guitar into the living room to play.
* Say "cheese" and rub your tummy. You are actually saying please...but I love it anyway.
* Get a boo-boo and run over for me to kiss it, even when it doesn't hurt.
* Pray. What a sweet heart you have for people already.
* Process things before you do them. You watch a lot and then go. You are so much like your Momma.
* Give me kisses and pat my back when you are giving hugs.
I love you.