Monday, March 31, 2008

Diet Lemonade and Peanut Butter Crackers

I found my new favorite snacks. This morning I went to Chick-Fil-A to pick up breakfast and discovered that they have Diet Lemonade! It's so good...I love it. Peanut Butter Crackers have now become my afternoon snack. I keep them in my desk so when I am "reaching the danger zone", as Amanda E. so eloquently put it, I can grab them in 2 seconds. I can't believe this, but yes, I am still getting sick. It's nuts. The past 2-3 days have been a lot better though. It must be a girl though. This is a completely different pregnancy and it's already high-maintenance. Jackson was nothing like this. To be completely honest and vulnerable, it's been hard for me to be excited. I know, that sounds terrible, but it's true. It wasn't until this weekend when I got a gift from someone that I got really excited. I thought, "Wow, this is actually happening. Okay, cool. Yay...".

God has been speaking to me a lot during this time though. Everyday I am reminded of how much I need Him in my life. It can be so hard to even want to get up and read my Bible or journal. It's been very few times that I have..........if we are being honest here. :) But the times that I have are amazingly eye opening and fruitful.

"Take my fret, take my fear. All I have, I'm leaving here. Be all my hopes, be all my dreams, be my delight, be my everything. I will worship You Lord. Only You Lord."

3 comments:

Abby said...

Natalie you're amazing. I was just thinking today about how much I appreciate how real you are. Makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one that has these thoughts. Hang on to what you can - and I'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

How can one make diet lemonade? Are there diet lemons out there?

Our Story: Continued said...

I love your honesty! It's so normal to have a hard time being excited when you're sick!