Tuesday, October 23, 2007

If My People Pray....

Okay, so I have to ask you all to pray. One of the members on my worship team, Cheryl Miller, went to the hospital last night because of some bad migraines she was having and ended up finding a baseball size tumor in her brain. Today they went in to do some more testing and found that if they don't get it out now, she could only live for a few more months. One day life is good, and the next your being told you could die any day????

It's just awful and I'm sick even thinking about what all this could do to her family. She has 3 kids, ages 14, 16 and 18 and a husband of 20+ years. They will find out tomorrow during surgery if it is cancerous. They are pretty sure from the X-Rays that it is.

I've heard of 4 people in our church that have been diagnosed with cancer in the past 6 months. I don't know what's going on!!! Please lift her up today and tomorrow....as well as her family.

I know that God is in control and that he is with her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh - I hope that the surgery goes well today. There are a lot of crazy health scares going on now. It makes the cliche 'live every day like it is your last' make more sense.

Miracles do happen - Ian had a large tumor removed from his head when he was 18. Actually, he had it removed twice because is grew back again the second time - if you leave just one cell it will multiply again. He really thought he was going to die. But he found the right doctor (when all the others told him it was inoperable) and went to Colorado for both surgeries.

Just pray that the right doctors operate on her - that is huge. I will be praying.

Kelly Newcom said...

My friend Angela just got a new heart yesterday which is beating perfectly on its own today.
God is good.
He is in control.

I will totally be praying.